Friday, October 28, 2005

If you poke me, I'll poke you

Last Wednesday, our company offered a free influenza vaccination for all its employees.

For the fact that it is free and it took place several floors above us, so I guess why not.

Of course, like some guys out there, I am a bit psyche out on having my arm poked with a needle. After seeing the size of the needle, it's enough to freeze me up with fear. But being the good girl that I am, I managed to stay calm, (aside from asking everyone who finished up if it hurts) and mustered up the courage to have it done.

The next day, I really felt woozy. Maybe those are the side effects.

Anyway, some people might assume , that having this vaccination, makes you immune against H5N1.

You got that wrong!!!!

Don't, I say, DON'T ever try to freely expose yourself to fowls and birds. As much as possible avoid it. The only protection we got is from a common influenza, which when we are infected with H5N1, the virus might not be able to mutate into a new genre of virus.

So folks out there, you are not invincible. Please take the proper precautions and stay healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home